Hello Family!

 

Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 1:18 PM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Hello Family!

Its always nice to hear from home and it is definitely one of my favorite parts about Pday. Things are going well here in San Marcos. As a zone we´ve really picked things up and we should see the fruits of our labors in the following weeks. I´m really getting used to our ward that we have here and the members are getting to be some of our best friends. That family that we baptized a couple of weeks ago is doing amazing and they and their sons are here to stay in the church. Its amazing what a change the gospel can have on families like theirs.

But Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I think I remember writing you that about a year ago too, but I´ll have to do something more special for your next one. That being the case, I hope you each do something worth remembering for your anniversary. I still haven´t made root beer yet because its hard to find dry ice here in the little town of San Marcos, but I´ll be sure to let you know when I do. Thanks for sending it though.

As far as an experience from my mission, last night we had a pretty creative lesson. So last week we found a new family to teach after contacting them as a reference. They were so positive (I think I may have told you about them last week), but we put a baptismal date with them both and they accepted one for a month away. Yesterday we stopped by after not being able to teach them all week, and he (Mario) came out and told us that they didn´t want to be taught by us yesterday and that they´d tell us when they were ready... that means no more. So we stood outside his property in the dark while he was explaining all of these excuses to us. I asked him what happened between last week and yesterday and we knew that he and his wife had heard bad things about the church and got scared. We really wanted to teach him about the restoration so while he was rambling on I started in... "Hermano, sabemos que Dios es Nuestro Padre Celestial y Él nos ama. Él puede ver cada momento de nuestras vidas y nos está escuchando ahorita mismo...." and then we just took turns between the three of us teaching this poor confused man about the restored church of Christ here on the earth. Little by little he calmed down and in the end his wife came out too and they both agreed that they will go to church this next Sunday. Sometimes we have to use what little we have to make the most of circumstances given and it takes a little convincing to do it sometimes. I know that Faith is a principle of power that depends in large part on our first steps into the unknown. We just have to be willing to give it all the be able to gain a little more.

I hope you have a wonderful week,

Elder Bever

Oh, here´s our companionship!




Comments