Hello Family
Its so nice to hear from you all this week. All of those missionaries that are now leaving on their missions is surprising but they´ll be great. So they do celebrate valentine´s day here, but its nothing special. I didn´t remember that it really was valentine´s day until like half way through the day. But Friday made for a rough day for me. Not because I´m having problems nor my companions, just because sometimes Heavenly Father wants his children to learn patience, and that´s something that is sometimes hard for me.
Lester and Zelenia were all ready for their Baptism on
Saturday and as were we. Every time we pray with them, they ask that Heavenly
Father would let them be baptized. I love them very much. So Lester never in
his life has had a birth certificate so technically he desn´t exist. We spent
the whole week looking through papers and talking to lawyers to get a hold of
something that he could use to be able to get married, until Friday came around
and we went early in the morning to get to the town hall and look through books
of names to see if his appeared there. After 2 hours in a tiny little room with
a tone of old books of birth certificates, we found nothing. We talked to a
lawyer here and started a preliminary process that could take a couple of days
or a month depending on the circumstance. Anyway sorry to bore you with this,
but its been something really hard for me to deal with. Even, I don´t think
I´ve had anything that I´ve wanted more than this family to be able to be
baptized. Sometimes its hard to want what our Heavenly Father wants.
We are going to give everything this week to make their
baptism possible for this weekend and I feel like its really going to happen.
Maybe you could help me by keeping in mind this family throughout the week.
So apart from that, things are good here in Juigalpa and I´m
still loving being a missionary even when its hard. Well I hope that Share the
Love works out for the girls at high school, and work goes well for mom and
dad. I think that if there were anything that I would have done sooner before
leaving on my mission it would be the following: go through an entire day
without thinking even one second about myself. Now that I look back, I think I
could have been a lot more selfless.
Well I hope you all have a wonderful week and know how much
I love each of you,
Love,
Elder Bever

Comments
Post a Comment