I'm going to Bluefields!

 

That´s too bad that Thomas already headed back to school, but it sounds like you all had a pretty great vacation. Emily shouldn´t worry too much about BYU because we all know that she´ll be going there in the end, but the Utah State visit should be good too. I hope Audrey has a nice time running, just so you know when I get back I think I´m going to be a running finatic to be able go get back into shape. Going vegitarian is a little over the top, but I´m definently going to have to do something about my Nica-diet. I hope Mom´s work does well and that she´s not too stressed out over it.

Well this last week went by really fast because Elder Tadiello and I have been working reallk hard. We really want to baptize and baptize a lot of people. President Russell set some standards of excellence for the mission and we´ve been keeping right up there with them. I´ve learned a lot about hard work as a missionary. Something that President always says is that he has never ever worked, until now, as hard in his life as he did when he served his mission in Spain (and he´s had a couple million dollars worth of success in his life). I´ve worked pretty hard so far on my mission and I want to be able to say the same thing he does. Working hard as a missionary involves walking fast, planning effectively, teaching while thinking about so many things at the same time, not getting caught up in yourself, and doing it all with so much faith that you get to the point where you almost feel spiritually exhausted. It feels for me in my mission now, a lot like I used to feel in soccer games, or on runs at the track, or lifting weights in the gym just all mental and spiritual.

Well this week we´re going out to Bluefields to go check up on the missionaries there. My son (Elder Garcia) is there and they´re having a lot of success (they as a district in a branch brought 25 investigators to church yesterday). We have to leave tomorrow at 4:30am and take a 4 hour bus to a place called Rama and from there maybe wait for a couple hours for a little motor boat called a ¨panga¨ to leave and take us out to Bluefields. I´ll sure to take lots of photos, eat turtle, coconut bread, and learn me a little creol. It should be an interesting week. We´re spending the night Tuesday and Wednesday and then leaving early Thursday morning, and Friday and Saturday we have interviews with President Russell when he comes out here to Juigalpa.

This last Friday and Saturday the Assistants to President also came out to spend the day in the zone and here´s a couple of pictures. They get to drive a Toyota Hilux all over Nicaragua so we took advantage and we spent the night in our house with Elder Franco (my dad) and Elder Curzon who is the new Assistant (He and I went to BYU together and I think I met him once maybe).

Anyway that´s all I´ve got for this week, but I hope yours goes well. Love,

Elder Bever














Comments