Email from Dad - Spanish Baptism
Hi Dad!
I haven´t got a lot more time to write, but I wanted to let
you know I got your email. I think everything else I was going to write is in
the other email. I hope you have a great week, and yes I´m holding up very
well.
Love Elder Bever
I had an opportunity on Saturday to accompany 3 Spanish speaking Elders Saturday who needed a ride to a baptism in Hillsboro. It was a long drive Saturday evening and the baptism was an hour late due to the late arrival of the baptismal candidate. The service was held by the Spanish Ward in Hillsboro. I was amazed at how well I was able to comprehend and speak where needed. The mission president and his wife were also in attendance - they sure are good folks. Notwithstanding the late evening I sure enjoyed it all. I look forward to being more involved where possible. I think I/we can do a lot better in sharing the Gospel with just a little more effort.
We had a nice visit to the cabin last week and we were able to expose the dogs to some birds I brought with us. It was a little muddy, but it was still very pleasant.
I hope your week has been productive. It sounds like the missionaries here have to work long and hard for success here in this mission.
It looks like your weather continues very warm. I hope you're holding up well. Have a great week - love Dad.
Comments
Post a Comment