Nice to hear from you all!

 

Its nice to hear from you all and I know that I always start like that in my letters but it really is.

Elder Velásquez is feeling much better and he will be very grateful for the things that you are sending him. He left the hospital on Tuesday and is now as healthy as can be. Thank you for all you do for him and I.

I have been thinking a lot about family lately and the importance that families have for each of us and I am very grateful for the blessing that my family is for me. I don´t think that very many people are as lucky as I am. I think something that I have learned while I´ve been on my mission is how to love others and recognize that I love them. Maybe its a little sentimental, but I realize much better now how much I appreciate others and what I can do for them.

Tell the missionaries in the ward there that I said hi and that I´m praying for them. Sorry I don´t have more time but I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you know you much you are loved.

Love,

Elder Bever

Email Reply from Dad...

Good Morning, Ethan,

I realize that when you read this it may not be morning, but it's morning now and a cold one.  We've managed to keep things warm at home though we're going through a lot of firewood.  There are a number of folks in the Ward etc that aren't as prepared for the kind of temperatures we're experiencing.  Right now it's 18 degrees and cloudy.  It's not so bad when the sun is out - it feels a lot warmer, now it's just cold.  Enjoy the warm temperatures while you're there. 

 It's been exciting to see the increased level of missionary work on our area.  We had our ward Christmas party Saturday that Mom was responsible for planning.  It was fun to see the missionaries coming and going as we were decorating for the party.  The Spanish branch was having a baptism while we were there.  I think the Branch has 3 sets.  The party went off great and there were several people there for the first time. 

 I've been reading Mosiah the first couple of chapters and really enjoying King Benjamin.  He really does a good job of simplifying the gospel and our responsibilities.  One of the things I most enjoyed about serving in the mission field was the opportunity to focus exclusively on one thing - the Work.   I hope you're enjoying your second Christmas season in the field.  It's a great time to be a missionary. 

Have a great week - love Dad. 


Comments