Merry Christmas Family!

 

Don´t worry about last week, I just thought that if someone happened to be on the internet that they could send the other email, but today I got to read two.

Sounds like we´re all ready for Christmas this year and I´m excited to talk to you on SKYPE in just two days. I´m glad that Thomas did so well with his classes this term, there is no better feeling than finishing something knowing that is was done well and being able to relax for a little while (as far as the relaxing part goes, I haven´t done much of that on my mission but doing things well I´ve done a couple of times).

As far as talking with you on Wednesday, we went to the church building this morning here in Juigalpa and it has a bunch of stuff to use to SKYPE home, but they´ve been having problems with the internet for the last couple of days so we´re sill having to coordinate things a little on our end. As of right now, I´m still hoping to be able to get on at the same time at 1:00pm my time but I´m just not quite sure how or when exactly. We have permision to get back on our email accounts to coordinate the call better if anything happens so we´ll see.

Here´s a picture of my companion here in my new area. He´s pretty funny and after getting the hang of things here I think we´re going to have a lot of success. We had a meeting in Managua last Tuesday after I wrote you and we took a picture infront of the Christmas Tree thats in their house. I just realized that the Elder that´s in the back was called to my old area in San Marcos so I just really hope he can take good care of the people there.

This last week, the same thought came to me a couple of times throughout the week, something that I´ve learned on my mission is that if the same thing happens repeatedly its for a reason. It didn´t mean a lot to me at first, but I think that lots of times the answers to things that happen whether they be simple or not is, "its because I love you". I came here to my new area a week before Christmas and I´m having to adjust quickly with new people and places and the reason why I´m here is because I know that my Heavenly Father loves me. Sometimes the lessons don´t quite end up like I would like them to or investigadors don´t quite do what they should and I imagine the same answer from a loving Heavenly Father, "its because I love you". I don´t think, however, that I´m not the only one that has at some point felt this because I know that with all that our Savior did for us by being born and giving everything for me, that he too felt the same response from our Father: "its because I love you".

I hope that these next few days are as special for you as they will be for me here in Nicaragua. Talk to you soon,

Love Elder Bever



 

Comments