Happy Thanksgiving!
Date: November 25, 2013 at 1:37:41
PM PST
To: Jim And Sandy Bever <jsbever@molalla.net>
Subject: Happy Thanksgiving!
So
turkey here is pretty hard to come by so we´ll see if I´ll end up eating some
or not this week, they say its more common to eat around Christmas here. This
last week went by pretty fast and even though it was full of ups and downs, I
learned a lot. We´re working with a really positive family right now and they
were references from another young member family in the ward. The wife was
going to get married and baptized on Saturday but after doing everything
possible on our part we had to let them exercise their faith to take the last
step and just do it. Its frusturating when sometimes people don´t choose what
will really make them happy in the end, but we´re not going to be giving up
anytime soon. We´re also working with another family that have similar
circumstances as the first but there´s a funny story that goes with them. The
wife´s name is Carla and she just had her baby last month (which is what made
it hard for her to be baptized) and they were thinking of a name for their
daughter. Elder Velásquez also has a sister who´s name is Emili, so for the
last two months I´ve been telling our investigaters that their daughter would
be born on the 18th of November and her name would be Emily. In the end she was
born in October and they gave her the name Ashley instead. (We still call her
Emily and more often than not the name sticks with the family and they end up
calling her Emily by mistake when we visit them). I really love the people
here.
This
week I was thinking about time in the mission and how fast everything is
passing by and I realized that right now in the time that I have to serve as a
missionary in Nicaragua, I wouldn´t rather be anywhere else. I really am happy
here and I think I always have been, it just took me a while to realize where
I´ve really wanted to be.
As
far as fulfilling callings and worring about how we we do, I frequently worry
about that as a missionary, but I´ve realized that doing so only helps me to a
point. I try harder and harder every day to be the missionary the I know that I
can be and I realize that often times we can´t see things like the Lord can
until we stop and realize how far we´ve really come. I heard someone give a
talk in the MTC about another missionary in another mission once and he said
that a lot of times we don´t know how good we really are. I think that applies
to relief society presidents as well. I hope everyone has a wonderful
Thanksgiving and that you eat lots of food for me on Thursday.
Have
a great week,
Elder
Bever
Comments
Post a Comment