Our Last Pday!

 

Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 1:16 PM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Our last Pday

Well today is definently less busy than last week´s P-day. We´re just staying here in San Marcos getting ready for the week. Tomorrow we find out who has transfers... Elder Levy has six months here in San Marcos so we´re pretty sure that this is our last Pday.

We finished off the change really well though. Here´s some photos of our family. Its been about a year or so that this area has baptized a complete family here so we really wanted to change things. Their names are Izamir and Petrona. I love this family. They have 4 sons (he´s the step dad), and two of the sons joined the church about 4 years ago but shortly went inactive. They moved and the two oldest sons (Fernando and Carlos) found a church to go to and started coming back again. In the ward where they were reactivated, the two older brothers baptized their younger brothers (Enrique and Alberto), and they all kept everyone together. A couple of months ago this family moved into our area and we met Fernando. We started teaching their family and they loved us and the Gospel. We weren´t sure if we´d be able to baptize them this last Saturday due to complications in the paperwork, but we saw many miracles in a very short period of time and they were happily married and baptized late Saterday night. (it was so last minute that we told the couple that in 3 hours they would be married and baptized!)

Carlos (the oldest) is an Elder and is preparing to serve a mission within a year and Fernando (second oldest) already started his papers.

So that was our life for the last 4 days or so.

But it sounds like Mom gave a pretty good talk, I tried reading some of it right now, but what I read was really nice. She shouldn´t worry about me, because I´m fine :)

I´ll be waiting for Emily´s letter, so that should come in about 3 weeks.

But Audrey sounds like she´s keeping busy with soccer and all. I never did like Daily Doubles, but you just get used to them I guess and it stopped being so much trying to impress everyone as just doing what I could. Good luck on your permit though, I´m sure everything will turn out fine.

Well just remember that Miracles happen. I see them frequently. The more we look, the more we find, and the more we realize how much we are loved. I really have seen miracles here.

Have a great week,

Elder Bever












Comments