Hi Family! It was so good to hear from everyone!

 
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 4:14 PM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: HEY!
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: HEY!

Hi family! It was so good to hear from everyone and know that everything is going well, and please don´t worry about the emails not making it through, I knew that was what happened. So after spending about a half hour reading through all the emails, I hope I have time to reply to them.

First off, I am so proud of BOTH of my little (not so little now) sisters who can run really fast, apply for and get into leadership, uphold my high shandards for accademic excelence and who have also enherrited some of my good looks. Audrey: the secret is love (to get into leadership and succeed in anything that we are going to do in live). This week I worked with a missionary that has more time than I do and is struggling to find motivation and not be so concerned with the things that are happening around him. After working with him for a day, he learned that what he really needed was just more love. If we have love for those around us and for what we do for them, everything is less stressful and we can see things more clearly too. So just love it/them :) Oh and from a couple of weeks ago, tell Morgan that I received her letter and was excited to hear what was going on in her life and that I am in the process of replying, its just that I was transfered last week and haven't found a post office to mail anything yet. But tell her I said Hi, and I'll try to write.

But thanks for always keeping me posted Dad, I know that what I am doing here isn't so different than what you and Thomas have done in other similar parts of the world. Thank you for your example.

Mom: I actually am not entirely sure which day is mother's day this year... not because I'm not looking forward to it, but here mother's day is on the 30th of May, I think. Let me know when mother's day is there and I can talk on either day. Just you tell me the time and I'll ask about how I can call from here so that you don't get charged for the phone call. Sounds like it is just a phone call, but I'll let you know next week what I hear.

I'm sure Thomas did great on his finals and I love him a whole bunch!

So I had a pretty good week as far as my first offical week as District Leader in Loma Linda, Managua. I'm actually in the same stake as I was in in my first area in Ticuantepe, but it's pretty far and I'm not sure if I'll see the people from that branch here. I have a great companion that has a lot of respect for me as do I for him. Our district is great and I have a wonderful opportunity to love them. Here's a couple of photos from what we did this week.

We baptized a little girl named Meriling whose mother was baptized a couple of months ago. Her mom bore her testimony in the baptizmal service and she and her daughter know that what they've done is real and exactly what Heavenly Father wants for them. (I think my companion is there on the left)

Here's a picture of a supper pilas (hard working) investigator that we have. He and his wife are a wonderful young couple with two little boys (these aren't them). But he's a Boy Scout leader here in Nicaragua! He told me he had some meeting thing to go to but I didn't understand what he was talking about until just the other day. It was really neat to be able to tell him that I am one of them and that I was an eagle scout (the names are a little different here, but most of the principles are the same). He is a great guy and their family is really special for me and my companion... we're going to baptize them... just not sure when.

Then today we went to some lake thing so here's a picture of that.

But the other day I had a really special experience with one of the receint converts of my companion. They're a family that has had some problems in the past with the husband and relations outside of their marriage. He has been struggling sense, and we sat down the other day with them and had one of the most love filled conversations that I have ever had. I felt like every word that I was saying was purely inspired and that I could really feel the love that The Savior has for this man and his wonderful family. I think I understand a little better how it would be to be a Bishop and how it would be to be the Savior. I love this work and each of you very much.

Have a wonderful week, and sorry if I have forgotten something.

Love, Elder Bever










Comments