Thank you for the Birthday Emails!

 Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 1:22 PM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Happy Monday!

Hello!

Thank you for the birthday emails, they made my day ... and possibly week. No Hore porque soy hombre.
(the little 6 year old son of our branch president says that)
But I had a very fulfilling birthday weekend, and the pictures should explain why. Saturday we baptized
a mother and father named Francisco and Carla, another father to complete a family named Francisco, a
man named Julio, a mother named Blanca and her son named Julio. It was the best gift I could have
asked for and an evidence ofmy Heavenly Father's love for me as he remembered my birthday.
The baptismal service was nice and I felt the spirit as we reaped the fruits of our labors. Francisco and
Carla received a miracle as they were waiting for the divorce papers to come through. They left the
courthouse here in Granada after hearing that it would be in May that their papers would come through
and they were really dissappointed earlier this week. As they were leaving the courthouse, a laywer
came up to them out of the blue and promised them that she would get their divorce papers by this last
Wednesday. After waiting for more than 8 months, Francisco's divorce finally came through and they
were able to be baptized. They have waited for so long and their joy showed as they entered the
baptismal font Saturday night. It was one of the most beautiful things I have seen. The other Francisco,
who's wife is already a member, has been struggling with smoking and drinking as I told you for all of
his life. He changed so much so that he could be baptized this last week. Julio, the other man, has made
numerous sacrifices to be able to be baptized and Blanca and her son have shown the faith necessary to
follow the Savior and be baptized. Sometimes I wonder if I have enough in me to love all of these
people that we meet and work with in all of the different areas that I am in during these two years as a
missionary, but then I remember that the love that I have for these people isn't so much mine, at least
not at first, as much as it is purely the Savior's charity for each of His brothers and sisters.
On Friday I had a nice opportunity to work with Elder Franco (he was my first companion in my first
area ... also known as my Dad). He's one of the zone leaders here in Granada and I went to his area and
taught with him one more time before we have transfers in two days. All in all I had a nice weekend and
a good birthday. •
But it sounds like you are all celebrating my birthday back at home, and the cake looked really good! I
just have a small request, last year, on the 10th I think it was, I went through the temple for the first time
and I think that was probably the best birthday presents that I will get for a while, so for my birthday this
year (in addition to finishing off my birthday cake) I want you to go to the temple for me. I can't go here
and I really miss it, so maybe you can help me out by doing a session for me when you get a chance.
I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Love,

Elder Ethan Bever












Comments