Hello from Granada, Nicaragua!

 
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 1:16 PM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Hi from Granada, Nicaragua!

Hello!
So I had transfers Wednesday and I am now in a town called Granada. Its really different to be here. My
area is on the outskirts of a tourist town that is on lake Nicaragua (I think its called) and the church has
about 20 years here so the members are a little stronger and the branch here is much bigger too. If you
get a chance, google Granada, its nice in places. My companion's name is Elder Paz and he's from
Guatemala. (that makes 1 Argentenian, and 3 Guatemalans) He's a good missionary and he knows why
he's here. He's a little more lively than Elder Garcia was so its fun to have a change. The area here is
generally more successful than my old one and I 'm really excited to be here. Yesterday we met for the
first time as a branch and I played the piano for them and gave a talk as well, so I think everyone should
know who I am by now. We eat lunch everyday with the family of the branch president and his wife
washes our clothes. They are a really special family and they do a lot for the missionaries here. (Here's a
picture of the birthday party we had for their son Saturday) (Oh and here 's me trying to walk through
this river that was full of trash in my last area)
So this week we' re really in need of a miracle for one of our investigator families. They have been
waiting for a divorce so that they can be married and baptized this week. We stopped by their house the
other day and taught them a lesson, then Elder Paz (my new companion) pulls out two coconuts and tells
them that they have two weeks to peal their coconuts with just a spoon each. I was trying to figure out
why and then we left the lesson and I asked him. My companion just told me, "I don't know, I just
wanted to see if they could peal a coconut or not with a spoon ... So that's why there's a picture of two of
our investigators pealing coconuts with spoons. We'll stop by tomorow and see how far they've gotten.
There are a lot of really cool things that have happened here in this area recently, and I'm lucky to be
here.
I'll be awaiting your package but not expecting it for another couple of weeks, but thanks for thinking of
me! I hope that everyone has a wonderful week and that you can all be as happy as I am!

Sincerely, Elder Bever













Comments