Happy PDay!

 
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 9:31 AM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Happy Pday!

Hi!
So Sundays are definently the longest day of the week. Our church starts at 2 and we go on divisions
with priesthood holders all of the morning to get people to church ( which we did as we had 3 families, 4
priesthood holders, and 8 investigators in total in church yesterday). I ended up teaching the gospel
doctrine class and the Elder' s quorum too so I pulled those out of nowhere and went with it. I think they
actually turned out pretty well because no one fell asleep and I think they even laughed a couple of times
(not sure if they were laughing at me or at my jokes). So Pday really is a holiday every week for
1lllss10nanes.
I've been meaning to tell you for the last couple of weeks about the family photo that I carry around
with me to show people about you all. Its gotten some pretty funny comments. Its the photo of us at
Grandma Hansen's wedding and the one we took in the backyard when Thomas was home. Everyone
says that we have a really nice family ... I tend to agree with them.
Our focus as missionaries is on exactly that: the family. This week the father of the family that we are
teaching was drinking which means that we can't baptize them like we had planned to this following
Saturday, and it was a really hard day for Elder Paz and I. We walked up to their house Saturday and he
was sitting there with his uncle who was far more wasted than he and, Francisco was his name, drank for
the first time in a month and a half. I felt really bad for his wife Gisel who is already a member but I
learned something too. I learned that just because things happen arounds us in this life that are imprefect
and not as we plan them, doesn't mean that we should let go of the things that we know are true and
good in our lives. Just because I don't understand why Francisco drank again doesn't change the fact
that I love him and our Heavenly Father loves him. The things in this life that are good and true are
independent of negative and false influences that we will encounter. I thought that was interesting as I
was thinking about Francisco and Gisel this week.
Carla and Francisco (the couple with the cocanuts), did finish their cocanuts and they 're doing really
well as ever, but it is hard to wait on their papers because they want to be baptized so bad. This really is
a good place to be as a missionary and I love it here in Pancasan (that's the name of the town here in
Granada).
Almost forgot, I finished the book of Mormon this week as I hope you all did too. I learned a lot and am
waiting to hear if we' re going to start over again ... cause I did.
I hope you all have a great week and here are some pictures of me and my companion ... we get along
pretty well.
Love,

Elder Bever









Comments