Buenas Tardes!
Sent: Monday,
February 25, 2013 2:39 PM
To: Jim And
Sandy Bever
Subject: Hello!
Beunas Tardes!
I had a really good week this week and am
planning on having another one this week as well. We (Elder
Paz) and I baptized two youth two days ago (here's their pictures), they're both really cool. The little
boy (Isreal is his name) was so excited for his baptism (even if it doesn't look like it in the picture) that
he was all ready to leave for the church 3 hours early. The girl (named Rosa) was pretty upset this week
because she wanted Elder Paz to baptize her, but we can't so we weren't sure if she was going to show
up or not, but she did and was baptized by her uncle. (Oh I'm not sure ifl told you, but the missionaries
in our mission can't baptize. Its a rule by Pres. Monestel to help the members have better relationships
with the converts, he has a point) Anyway, we had a nice (slightly crazy) baptismal service Saturday
because we baptized 7 as a district with good attendence by the members.
The same Saturday, we received a message (on our landline phone because we don't have a cell phone
like I had in my last area) from the Zone
leaders that they wanted us to contact 100 people that day even
ifwe had to prepare a baptismal service. (Oh I forgot to tell you that Elder Franco, my trainer, is one of
the zone leaders here in Granada) Anyway, we were a little pressed for time Saturday and I wasn't 100%
sure that we were going to be able to contact all of the people that we needed to and have time to visit
appointments and go to a baptismal service. But we did it. So when things seem hard, and even if they
are, it doesn't ever mean that we can't do them, just that we' re going to have to work a little bit harder to
get them done. We :finished the day with 20 families, 45 men, and 101 souls contacted.
Today I received my birthday present ... not the package, but Francisco and Gisel (the family that was
pealing the coconuts) told us that their
divorce papers should be coming through this Wednesday and
they will be able to be baptized this Saturday if all goes as planned. Also the other Francisco (who was
having problems with smoking) will be able to be baptized Saturday as well, so we're planning on
baptizing 2 families, 3 priesthood holders, and 5 people in total! I couldn't want for anything else more
than that for my birthday. So that's what I'll be praying for this week, and I think selfishness in justified
in this case.
We heard this week that our new mission president will be arriving here in the mission in the first part of
July. His name is ... Russell, I forgot his first name which really isn't important because it is replaced by
"President" anyway. They're from Florida and they're "chele" (means they're white)! So that will
definently be a change.
I think that's about all that I can think of telling you, but I'm doing well and loving my area. Oh here's a
picture of the family that we eat lunch
with (he's the branch president), and the english class that I teach
Tuesdays.
(Oh and I might use my debit card this week to buy a cake for our investigators and my birthday)
Paz) and I baptized two youth two days ago (here's their pictures), they're both really cool. The little
boy (Isreal is his name) was so excited for his baptism (even if it doesn't look like it in the picture) that
he was all ready to leave for the church 3 hours early. The girl (named Rosa) was pretty upset this week
because she wanted Elder Paz to baptize her, but we can't so we weren't sure if she was going to show
up or not, but she did and was baptized by her uncle. (Oh I'm not sure ifl told you, but the missionaries
in our mission can't baptize. Its a rule by Pres. Monestel to help the members have better relationships
with the converts, he has a point) Anyway, we had a nice (slightly crazy) baptismal service Saturday
because we baptized 7 as a district with good attendence by the members.
The same Saturday, we received a message (on our landline phone because we don't have a cell phone
ifwe had to prepare a baptismal service. (Oh I forgot to tell you that Elder Franco, my trainer, is one of
the zone leaders here in Granada) Anyway, we were a little pressed for time Saturday and I wasn't 100%
sure that we were going to be able to contact all of the people that we needed to and have time to visit
appointments and go to a baptismal service. But we did it. So when things seem hard, and even if they
are, it doesn't ever mean that we can't do them, just that we' re going to have to work a little bit harder to
get them done. We :finished the day with 20 families, 45 men, and 101 souls contacted.
Today I received my birthday present ... not the package, but Francisco and Gisel (the family that was
they will be able to be baptized this Saturday if all goes as planned. Also the other Francisco (who was
having problems with smoking) will be able to be baptized Saturday as well, so we're planning on
baptizing 2 families, 3 priesthood holders, and 5 people in total! I couldn't want for anything else more
than that for my birthday. So that's what I'll be praying for this week, and I think selfishness in justified
in this case.
We heard this week that our new mission president will be arriving here in the mission in the first part of
July. His name is ... Russell, I forgot his first name which really isn't important because it is replaced by
"President" anyway. They're from Florida and they're "chele" (means they're white)! So that will
definently be a change.
I think that's about all that I can think of telling you, but I'm doing well and loving my area. Oh here's a
Tuesdays.
(Oh and I might use my debit card this week to buy a cake for our investigators and my birthday)
Love, Elder Bever
Comments
Post a Comment