Thanks for the Emails!

Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:36 AM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Hello!

Thanks for the emails! Stephen sent me his email and I replied to it. I'm really excited for him. Elder
Garcia says that he thinks its pretty warm there. So we had a pretty good week here in Ticuantepe, we're
getting pretty close to the end of the transfer and my training with Elder Garcia. We have changes a
week from Wednesday so this week is really important to baptize our investigators. Supposedly we're
going to have a baptismal service as a zone with president monestel this Friday, I think there's like a
dozen or so that we' re preparing for friday. Here's a picture of one of the ladies we' re teaching. Her
name's Madely and she says that we' re her angles ... I believe her. She's really special and has been
prepared for us to find and teach her at just the righ time in her life. Her father was the lead general for
Nicaragua before the war here and so when the revolution happened they were exiled and she's been left
with a lot less than what her family started with. We're also hoping to baptize another woman who has
had so many experiences with the church and is now ready to ba baptized. We' re really working hard to
baptize and I try so hard to meet the goals that we have to baptize.
You remember Moises, my first baptism, well we went by to visit him and his wife Isamar last night and
had a nice visit with them. They literally live at the bottom of the bottom and have little more than
themselves. The water doesn't make it to the farm that they're taking care of and they only have a bag of
beans to eat every day. Its amazing really, they have so little but have far more than the majority of the
people of the world because they are striving to live the Gospel as members of the Chruch. The more
time I spend with Moises the more I learn what his life was like before. He has several large scars on his
head and arms from when he would get into fights with other drunk guys and they 'd attack eachother
with machetties. His life was so horrible before, but now he has a purpose and he can see the difference
that the Savior makes as we only begin to follow him. Moises and Isamar aren't perfect, but they are
trying.
So I really do love the people here and have grown to understand them like they were my own family.
Yesterday we went to Managua again to sing a hymn for a meeting with all of the stake presidents in the
southern part of the country and Elder Lopez, who is the seventy of the area, was there. It turned out
really nice and it was nice to see him.
So for Emily, my high for the week was every time we get to teach and be with our progressing
investigators
and the low probably was today as we were eating lunch with the family that we always eat lunch with,
they were spraying the nearby school to kill the bugs and stuff there and all of a sudden while we were
there in the house swarms of cockroaches the size of tennis balls came crawling and flying through the
house and the other houses around us. It was pretty funny really.
Here's a picture of our district ... also pretty funny.
Well that's all I have time for but I love you all very much and look forward to heaming from you next
week.

Love,

Elder Bever 


Comments