Package Came!

 
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 11:01 AM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Packages Came!

Hello there!
It was nice to hear from you all this week! So I have good news, packages came on Friday! Mom: you
can stop worring now. I got yours and Jaycee and Teresha' s! They were just what I needed. My feet feel
wonderful even after walking 8 miles every day, I look forward to growing my Christmas tree in
September, I already ate all of the food, my companion likes the stickers and photos, I haven't made
snow yet, but I do think that the T-shirt from Thomas is pretty cool. Tell Jaycee that even ifl did give
her grief for color coordinating her apartment at BYU, she (and my beloved aunt) do have good taste in
colors and in this case the cool tie that I got. But I am really grateful for the thought that was put into
sending me so much cool stuff, I don't think anyone in the mission got better stuff for Christmas than
me.
So it sounds like its dark and gloomy as usual at home, and I 'm sure its just as cold in Provo as gloomy
in Oregon. Just so you know, it is a constant 85-95 degrees here (I think) and every time I see a rain
cloud or feel a drop in the temperature, I get excited.
For Thomas, our investigators are doing pretty well and I learned something interesting this week. I
learned that we really are on the Lord's time. We're working with a Family and a complete a family who
is the son of the family. They are really positive and the wife and younger girl friend have like 5 times at
church and the husband has 1. His name is Alvaro. Yesterday we were leaving our house to start
working after church and we came across Alvaro who had just been drinking. I learned that I loved him
even ifhe isn't doing what he should be. We're going to wait another week before baptizing them, but
we have changes coming up so I hope that I can still have time. We walked Alvaro back to his house and
tried to keep his family motivated, but I know that I, m doing what I should be and that these families are
in the lord 's hands, not just mine. I'm preparing people here to be baptized in the future I think. I know
that within a year or so others will see the fruits of the work that we' re doing now.
I love being a missionary and receiving packages!
Love,
Elder Bever





Comments