Wow! It looks nice there!
Thanks for the photos, its so nice to see you all again.
Even better it will be to see you all in person in just a few days!
This last week made me really grateful to be healthy. Elder
Velásquez recovered from his eye problems to have kidney problems afterward. We
took it one day at a time during the week but it made it hard to get out and
work. Today we took him to the hospital in the morning and he`ll be there for a
couple of days. I`m now back in San Marcos with Elder Levy again! You remember
the one who was with me last change? He`s on temporary divisions with me here
until my real companion feels better... poor guy.
Anyway, we did have a funny experience yesterday though with
Elder Velásquez. We had heard that the First Presidency Christmas Devotional
was going to be yesterday so anxiously we made plans to invite lots of
investigators to the church building to watch it with us. We were both really
excited to see it and get into the christmasy spirit. After inviting the family
of our recent convert who normally wouldn´t go to anything like that, they
accepted and we happily made our way to the chapel in tricycle taxis. Our
bishop had told us that it would be at 7 and that he would have everything
ready for us, so we walked in and he greeted us. He later informed us that it
wouldn´t be broadcasted until the following sunday and there we were with 4
investigators, two members, a recent convert and a pretty worried bishop. We
left the others outside for a couple of minutes and after thinking fast, we
went inside the chapel, took the computer out of the secretary´s office and
pulled it as far out into the hallway as we could. We invited everyone back in
and somehow found the Devotional from 2012 and told everyone to sit down
because it would be starting soon. I was so nervous. But during the whole thing
we enjoyed Christmas music and wonderful talks that I wasn´t able to listen to
last year. I felt the spirit and thought that the messages I heard were just
for me in that moment in that dark hallway in the San Marcos chapel. We
finished gave everyone a tour and they left with only good things to say and
never knowing that what they saw was a year old.
I learned a couple of things, one that we shouldn´t worry so
much about how we would like things to be but instead how we can help others,
and two a lot of times we don`t realize all of the ways we serve our Savior and
all the ways we are continually served by him.
I hope you all have a great week,
Love Elder Bever
Hi Dad,
It looks really nice where you all went and I´m glad you
were all able to have such a nice time. For thanksgiving here we all ate as a
zone in an old mansion that is here in San Marcos that they´ve fixed up into a
hotel and restaurant and we each said something we were grateful for. It was
simple but nice.
I hope everything is well with you and that you have a great
week,
Love,
Elder Bever
Comments
Post a Comment