Had a good week!

 
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 11:19 AM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Hello!

Hi family!
Had a good week this week and we got a lot done, we should be having a baptism here in the near future
if all goes as planned with our investigators (its a family!) so that's been our motivation for the last
week. Elder Garcia and I are learning a lot together and I'm amazed how much I can learn from him
every day. The mission has transfers this week but I doubt that we'll have one, however its always a
threat.
Thanks for the e-mails, its always nice to hear from home. I received Grandma Bever's email and tell her
thanks for me for everything. I appreciate the updates and thoughts, it sounds like things are going well
over there. I hope finals went well for Thomas, I was thinking about him last week and I was grateful
that I don't have to walk in the doors of the testing center at BYU for another 2 years or so. I'm sure he
did great (I prayed for him to do so). Thanks for writing Emily, and your emails make me laugh too. I
was thinking about Mom and Dad this week as I was riding the bus back to our area from Managua and
all of a sudden "Baltimora" came on the radio, so that was pretty random. They listen to some pretty
wild 80's music here. (Phill Collins is also among the top played songs I hear as we are walking down
the street) Christmas music is a little different here too, anyway, just thought that was funny.
On a more spiritual note, yesterday we had an investigator that came to church that was really special for
me. We were walking one day up a really dusty road in a poorer part of town and came upon a little
group of houses that were all made of plastic and sticks. We walked in and I saw an old man trying to
walk over to a sink that was outside to wash his clothes. He had two broken crutches and could hardly
slide his feet across the dirt. I helped him to the sink and started to wash his clothes. As I began to wash
his pants, shirt, socks, and hat I could feel a love that wasn't my own. I taught him about a few principles
of the gospel and I felt the love of the Savior for this crippled old man. He had a look in his eye that I
could tell that he really admired me but more so, who I represent. It was a sacred and special experience.
That happened like a week or two ago and I didn't think to share it until just now, but we went back and
helped him go to church with us yesterday. I can feel the Savior's love for, Denis is his name, and for me
as I have the sacred privelage of taking part in experiences like this.
Well that's what I'm up to and I hope everyone has a wonderful week as we prepare for CHRISTMAS!!!
Love,
Elder Bever.

Comments