Hi from Escipulas!
Hello!
Today we´re in the area of our zone leaders writing as a district and this
cyber is a lot nicer than ours in Ticuantepe. But thanks for all of the e-mails
and its fun to hear how things are going there. I recieved a bunch of mail this
week from just about everyone. I got your letter mom, and the picture. That was
sweet. Got one from Grandma Hansen too and thanks for the letter, keep it
comin'. Also got one from my (favorite) cousin: David... don't tell Caroline
because I think I told her she was my favorite too. But thanks for sending me
something, I enjoyed it a lot. And tell the Roses that I received their's too
and it was really nice of them to put something in the mail.
Sounds like its just the Emily-Dad-Audrey trio again at home, (sorry dad) but
do something manly and pretend that I'm there with you. Hope mom has a good
trip and everythings going well with finals for Thomas too.
This week was super great and really busy. I had divisions with my zone and
district leaders back to back on Thursday and Friday and then we had a Zone
conference Saturday with interviews with President Monestel. I had to give a
talk in the Zone conference but I think it went over pretty well and I got my
message accross. It was about climing the mountain in Provo and I used the
analogy that we can't go back after we start something. It's the same with the
mission: once we're misionaries we can't not be missionaries. My interview was
really nice and I had a good time getting to know the areas around our's. (My
district leader went to school at BYU the same semesters that I did and
apparently I knew him before but Elder Bastian is sure to be a friend after the
mission too) Yesterday we worked super hard and fasted while doing it so it
felt like a really long day, but we had a lot of success and contacted a TON of
people. We are teaching a bunch of people right now and working to resolve
doubts and problems to help them be baptized. Yesterday we had a family in the
sacrament meeting and another little kid came that we picked up along the way.
I'm really getting to know the people here and they are growing on me. (I think
being able to communicate better has helped a little bit) I still mess up a
couple of words here and there but I've learned a lot and people understand me.
Oh, we found out this week that we can SKYPE for Christmas!!! this time
(apparently the missionaries before couldn't use skype to call home) but I was
thinking that we could skype sometime during the afternoon here because I have
to go to a stake center that's a little farther away to use the family history
library there. So maybe like 4:00 my time Christmas Day? Let me know what works
for you. But that's about all of the news I have here.
Oh somthing that made me think of home this week:
Its kind of sad, but everyone has pictures of them and their families in their
houses here but because there aren't any places to take a picture without
seeing poverty in the background, they photoshop a background in and they think
it looks a little better. Apparently there's something about Multnomah Falls
and the bridge there that everyone likes to put as their background of their
family photos, so a lot of the time, I'll walk into a house and see Multnomah
Falls hanging there on the wall of a house here in Nicaragua. Just thought that
was interesting.
Well this week I learned and am trying to improve the principle of Faith. We
need to have faith enough to see miracles in our lives as missionaries because
really a miricle is what every person needs here that we talk to.
Well that's about it, and have a great week.
Love, Elder Bever
(Oh here's some pictures of my companion cooking and a member's house that he
takes care of that I thought looked like something out of The Swiss Family
Robinson)
Comments
Post a Comment