It's P-day!
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 11:24 AM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Hello!
Hi everyone!
For P-day we're writting as a district, so sorry if this is being sent a little earlier than normal.
Sounds like everyone had a good time in Utah for Thanksgiving and I'm sure it was a busy week. Wish I could have been there with you all on Saturday, but I get to feel that same way as in the temple every
day that I'm here, it just isn't quite as clean and it smells worse here. Too bad about Hostess and BYU
soccer ... oh well.
We're keeping busy here in our area and Elder Garcia and I are working hard to help a ton of people.
Yesterday we visited with a man named Barus for the first time, and had a great first visit. He's from
Luisianna (so he can speak english) but was born here in Nicaragua. He's visiting his family here for a
couple of months but has had a rough time in the past. His family is fairly well off here which is hard to
find, so we enjoyed air conditioning for the first time in a while and pizza! But it was interesting to talk
with him and see him excited to learn how we can help him. I forgot how different the people are in
Nicaragua than from the United States. It doesn't take much to gain the confidence of the people here but
that isn't always true for Americans.
I was thinking about the people here and what I could do for them for Christmas this week, and if you
could make sure you send something for my companion for Christmas that would be nice. I'm not sure if his family is going to send anything from Guatemala, but like a stocking or something with some stuff in it would be a nice thing for Elder Garcia. Oh and I was going to take out a little bit of money to pay for a missionary bag like Thomas'.
Sounds like everyone had a good time in Utah for Thanksgiving and I'm sure it was a busy week. Wish I could have been there with you all on Saturday, but I get to feel that same way as in the temple every
day that I'm here, it just isn't quite as clean and it smells worse here. Too bad about Hostess and BYU
soccer ... oh well.
We're keeping busy here in our area and Elder Garcia and I are working hard to help a ton of people.
Yesterday we visited with a man named Barus for the first time, and had a great first visit. He's from
Luisianna (so he can speak english) but was born here in Nicaragua. He's visiting his family here for a
couple of months but has had a rough time in the past. His family is fairly well off here which is hard to
find, so we enjoyed air conditioning for the first time in a while and pizza! But it was interesting to talk
with him and see him excited to learn how we can help him. I forgot how different the people are in
Nicaragua than from the United States. It doesn't take much to gain the confidence of the people here but
that isn't always true for Americans.
I was thinking about the people here and what I could do for them for Christmas this week, and if you
could make sure you send something for my companion for Christmas that would be nice. I'm not sure if his family is going to send anything from Guatemala, but like a stocking or something with some stuff in it would be a nice thing for Elder Garcia. Oh and I was going to take out a little bit of money to pay for a missionary bag like Thomas'.
Also things that are hard to get here that you could send my way: my leaf from the sacred grove (its in
my scriptures that I left there), a Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD, some insoles for my shoes, candy
(chocolate is harder to find) ... and lots oflove :)
So that's about all that I had, but I did want to share with you a though I had the other day. I always used to think that Christ was born to the earth and suffered all that he did here for us so that he could
understand all of our pains and problems that we would have, but now I think it may be the opposite. I
think we came to this earth so that we could suffer a small portion of what Christ suffered so that we can be more like him one day. Its just a thought, but I think its important to always remember where we are
compared to where Christ is. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and knows how much I care
about you.
Sincerely,
Elder Bever
Comments
Post a Comment