Hi Everyone!

 
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 1:48 PM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Hi from Nicaragua!

Hi everyone!

Had another good week in The Mission (oh and before I forget I think we have a video that's on
Y ouTube as a mission you'll have to look up, it should be under Nicaragua, Managua South Mision or
something like that, but if you can find it, its worth watching). I enjoyed the e-mails, Yes I did hear
about the elections, and I try pretty hard not to talk about politics down here, not that anyone really
understands anyway. I had absolutely no knowledge about Veteran's Day so thanks for the reminder
Audrey, and I'm glad to hear that my cardboard can is being used for the canned food drive.
I have yet to receive my package, but I know where it is and I will be receiving it Wednesday in our
transfer meeting. With that said, I'm planning on sending stuff out for Christmas from here within the
next few weeks for you. I can't really send "things", but letters: you bet. So I guess that kind of spoils
what you're all getting from me for Christmas. We have changes this Wednesday like I said so tomorrow
morning I'll find out who stays and who goes. I'm excited to find out what my new companion will be
like and we are going to work so hard. I think I'm more excite about that than finding out who my
companion is.
Here's some pictures too, there's a few of me in a pineapple field and one of some geese at Moises's
house, and another of me holding a little spider ... I should probably be a little more interesting with my
photos, I'll try harder next week.
But everything's good here, we're working with several families and just trying to help them progress. I
just really want to help them exercise a little tiny bit of faith to do what we ask them to do, because it
really does work, they just don't know it yet. Here's a spiritual thought that I had: (Alma 49) We can
always change even if we've fallen a ton of times before. The ability to decide to change instantaneously
is a gift from God called agency. The ability to apply this change continuously is made possible through
the Atonement. You'll have to read the scripture to figure out how it applies, but I hope it helps someone
this week, and like I think I heard in conference, "men can always change". I like that part too.
I hope you all have a great week because I know I will!

Love,

Elder Bever




Comments