Hi and happy Thanks Giving to you all too!

 
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 1:48 PM
To: Jim And Sandy Bever
Subject: Hi and happy Thanks Giving to you all too!


It was nice to get your e-mails from the week and it sounds like things are going well at home!
I had a pretty good week too. First off, I have a son! (that's just mission language for I'm training a new
missionary, i know it's a little immature but its the only immaturity we're allowed) But his name is
Elder Garcia and he's great! He's from Quetza Tenango, Guatemala ( where they just finished the
temple), he's the oldest of 4 with 3 younger sisters, and he likes basketball and pineapple jelly. Those
are the observations that I have thus made. We're still here in Ticuantepe, and it sounds like we're going
to be here for Christmas too. But he's really excited to be here and its great because he just kind of pulls
me around and I try to teach him a thing or two here and there. I have a feeling that I'm going to learn a
lot more from him than he will from me. We are going to work so hard during the next months and I
know we' re going to find a lot of success together.
Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes, truth be told I was pretty sure that I missed it and that
Thanksgiving was this last Thursday. I think the mission president deposited more money in our account
for this week so that we can buy something for dinner on Thursday ... I'm thinking PizzaHut, haven't had
pizza in a while. But I'm really going to try to think of things that I'm grateful for throughout the week.
That's so great to hear about Jaycee and her mission call! I can't believe she's going to the Phillipenes! I
can't believe she's leaving on a mission! I don't even remember hearing anything about her putting her
papers in! She's so ready. I know she's going to be a fantastic missionary and its going to be so fun to
come back home around the same time. It is so worth every minute and ounce of preparation to go and
she'll find that out really soon. Sounds like you'll all be in Utah together this weekend, so think about
me when you're in the temple and I'll bet I can figure out when you all go.
I did finally get the package! It was just what I needed, and I ate all of the food within the following day
and a half. (here 's a picture of all that remains, and my companion). As far as a Christmas Package, I'm
not really sure what I need, but I'll think on that and get back to you. Maybe some more foot spray, that
works really well, more socks perhaps, my favorite candy ... I think I forgot what that was, or a tie or
something. I don't really know but I'll think about it.
Well I'm just about out oftime, but this week I learned about sacrifice. I want to sacrifice more this
week and we all should too because in reality, we come closer to Christ as we sacrifice something good
for something even better. That's what I'm doing here.
 

Have a great week,

Love Elder Bever.







Comments