Hello!
Sent: Monday,
November 05, 2012 2:18 PM
To: Jim And
Sandy Bever
Subject: Hello!
Well this week flew by, it sounds like
yours did too. Thanks for the e-mails and updates on things at
home.
Things that make me laugh:
Everyone here loves American clothes even if they don't always understand what they say, so its always
fun to see the 80 year old women walking
around with things like "Hot Mama" on their shirts and other
stuff. I just keep walking and don't bother
explaining, sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
I can't think of anything else at the moment but I'm sure I'll have more next week.
I give thanks for you guys every day. And that's a really good thing that I think I'm going to do this
week is give more gratitude.
Ticuantepe had their elections this Sunday (yesterday), and let's just say that they aren't quite as formal
as the elections for president there in the states. In fact I think the elections for student body president at
high school may be more formal. They were just running for mayor and I have no idea who won but
someone was launching of "frreworks" late last night so someone ended up happy. I'm hoping for the
best for Romney, so I'm sure I'll hear who won over there sometime throughout the week.
So this week is the last week of my 12 week training that every missionary has at the start of their
mission. Elder Franco and now Elder Lopez were my trainers but the following wednesday we have
transfers again. So ... I got a call today and I'm now going to train another missionary! Apparently my
spanish is good enough and I'm not too
wimpy looking so I can hold my own with a new missionary
here. So we'll see how that goes, and I won't really know until the following wednesday what I'm really
in for.
I've been thinking a little bit about my
mission lately and how it corresponds with Christ's. Its hard to
serve a mission, but I like the comparison how Christ's mission lasted all 33 years of his life and we're
only asked to give up 2. In order to be
more like Christ (who served the best mission perfectly) we
would do well to consider missionary work. I think about how it must have been for him to leave the
spirit world to come to this earth and
although it isn't exactly the same, I understand a little bit about that
when I left to serve my mission here. Its difficult to put into words, and really I don't know, the feelings
that Christ and Heavenly Father must have felt as Christ was preparing to leave on his mission, but I
understand that a little better too being
here. I have found that the longer I'm here, the better I am
learning how to be like my Savior and what He really did for me.
I hope everyone has a great week,
Love,
Elder Bever
... jDALE CON TODO ROMNEY!
home.
Things that make me laugh:
Everyone here loves American clothes even if they don't always understand what they say, so its always
I can't think of anything else at the moment but I'm sure I'll have more next week.
I give thanks for you guys every day. And that's a really good thing that I think I'm going to do this
Ticuantepe had their elections this Sunday (yesterday), and let's just say that they aren't quite as formal
as the elections for president there in the states. In fact I think the elections for student body president at
high school may be more formal. They were just running for mayor and I have no idea who won but
someone was launching of "frreworks" late last night so someone ended up happy. I'm hoping for the
best for Romney, so I'm sure I'll hear who won over there sometime throughout the week.
So this week is the last week of my 12 week training that every missionary has at the start of their
mission. Elder Franco and now Elder Lopez were my trainers but the following wednesday we have
transfers again. So ... I got a call today and I'm now going to train another missionary! Apparently my
here. So we'll see how that goes, and I won't really know until the following wednesday what I'm really
in for.
serve a mission, but I like the comparison how Christ's mission lasted all 33 years of his life and we're
would do well to consider missionary work. I think about how it must have been for him to leave the
when I left to serve my mission here. Its difficult to put into words, and really I don't know, the feelings
that Christ and Heavenly Father must have felt as Christ was preparing to leave on his mission, but I
learning how to be like my Savior and what He really did for me.
I hope everyone has a great week,
Love,
Elder Bever
... jDALE CON TODO ROMNEY!
Comments
Post a Comment