Well Hi There!

 

Well Hi There!

Good afternoon, evening, or morning depending on when you get a chance to read this!

I always wanted to write down some of the random things about my mission but I never had time, so I

wrote this first. Here are a few of my observations over the course of the last months here:

1. Aparantly the news here announced that all Americans will receive a chip in their wrist with the

number 666 engraven on it... don't know what that's about. ..

2. Chocolate really doesn't exist here

3. They eat ketchup with everything, but it's really sweet and tastes more like BBQ sauce

4. They idolize and worship all things from the United States including but not limited to "Nyk" (Nike),

Snickers, and all music popular or not

5. Snickers are now my favorite thing, mostly because they're the only thing I can find here and they're

chocolate (but you don't have to send me any, I do just fine here)

6. Nica's love Tang. And there's about a million flavors here not just orange.

7. McDonald's is a real treat ... who knew?

8. The cars are cooler here too, but only the "fachentos" (rich people) have them, Toyota is really big

here.

9. We use cordaba as the currency and about 25 cordaba is 1 dollar, so we're pretty well off here. With

one cordaba, you can buy bread, with 10 a soda, and one can eat fairly well (in quantity not necessarily

with regards to health) for about 75 cordabas.

10. The world is the trash can so everyone just throws stuff out the window of the buses and stuff.

11 . Everything is fried ... everything.

12. Its definitely different, but I know I'll miss it here so I'm taking advantage of all that I can while I'm here.


Thanks for the emails, its not that reading them is the highlight of my day because then I wouldn't be
focusing on why I'm here, but it sure is nice to hear from home!
My week went well although I was pretty bumbed, we couldn't baptize Moises Saturday. The problem is
that we're waiting on his spouse who is already a member to get her paperwork so that we can marry
them, but the government only gives out ID's up until a certain time, and that time has passed. I'm
working on doing all that I can to make it work so that this week we can baptize my friend Moises. He is
seeing many blessings in his life right now even though he can't be baptized. My stomach is so-so, I'm
not sure what I ate the other week, but we'll see how this week goes. Don't worry though, I'm taking care
of myself, today I bought two carrots and three apples at the store!
What works for me when I have a bad day is to not have one. Just suck it up and quit thinking about
yourself. It sounds a little rough, but it works, if we have a little confidence in ourselves and think
entirely in everyone else around us. And highschool, I think I would have started thinking about others
sooner, notice the theme here, but I started to try that just as I was leaving and I wish I would have done
remember their name and do little things for them.

I remember I had some friends who were really immature and always said really dumb things during
lunch at the table where all of the "cool" people sat, so I just decided that I would sit with these two
unpopular guys every day. You know, I think that was one of the best decisions I made during high
school. You should find something like that and DO IT.
Thomas I'm proud to say that I had absolutely no problems reading your email! I think my spanish is
really coming along. Now I'm just working on my accent. You're so right about forming habbits here in
the mission, I think I'll work on having a better memory so we'll see if I can't pick up on that while I'm
here. I found a scripture that I want you to read when you get a chance, it's Alma 26: 2-3 (I think) and it
talks about how we have taught the Lamanites and our joy for doing it. I think it's pretty cool.
Okay, that's about all I have time for. Here's some pictures Elder Lopez is in them I think. Real quick
two things that I learned: don't look back, and try to have the spirit in our lives not for ourselves but for
others.
Have a great week,
Love Elder Bever

Comments