Thanks for thinking about me!
Monday, October 29, 2012 4:14 PM
To: Jim And
Sandy Bever
Subject: Hello
from Nicaragua!
Hi its your favorite missionary,
Thanks for the e-mails, I'm still in the process of writing some letters for you but I have yet to find a
place to mail them ... but I think I can do it through the mission office. I haven't received the package yet,
but I'm sure its in the office and the
elders there are a little behind as they always are in getting mail out,
but I should get it here soon.
Thanks for thinking about me. I know that I have a lot of people behind me here in Nicaragua even
though most of the time its just Elder
Lopez walking slow. But really thank you.
So this week they celebrate Halloween too, but I'm sure its with a little less candy and more "fireworks".
We have a couple of service projects lined up so we'll see how that goes, and hopefully we'll have
another baptism here in the near future ... we'll see.
So Saturday we finally baptized Moises! It
was a really long but rewarding day. We've been trying to get
their papers together so that we could marry them, and then we needed to find a lawyer to do it
(apparently they don't trust missionaries here like they do in the states as clergymen). Then Moises
needed to ask permission from his boss to get work off. He has a new job (blessing) as a caretaker for a
plantation that's kind of far away (not
sure if l told you that already), but the pay is dependable, he's far away from
negative influences, and he's going to have a new house for Christmas! So it
all came
together for him kind of last minute but we did all that we could to prepare for him and his family. I
baptized him and we confirmed him in church
on Sunday. He's one of my best friends here. Here's
some
pictures ... as you can see we're still
practicing how to smile : )
Thomas wrote me an email about how there are so many blessings here for the people. He's spot on. I'm
literally teaching Lamanites down here and
they have so much waiting for them if they will just have a
little faith in what we teach and in the Savior.
Something I learned this week was that we need to have faith in our Heavenly Father and in Jesus
Christ. We need to always remember that they want more than anything to be with us, for that reason
Heavenly Father created an entire plan for us and Christ sacrificed everything so that it would all work.
We need to have faith in them and that we are worthy to have the Holy Ghost in our lives. We need to
have faith in and learn to apply the
Atonement in our lives so that we can be able to feel what Heavenly Father
wants us to feel. In reality, that's all I really teach is how to apply the Atonement
and have the
blessings of it in our lives.
I hope you each have a wonderful week,
Thanks for the e-mails, I'm still in the process of writing some letters for you but I have yet to find a
place to mail them ... but I think I can do it through the mission office. I haven't received the package yet,
Thanks for thinking about me. I know that I have a lot of people behind me here in Nicaragua even
So this week they celebrate Halloween too, but I'm sure its with a little less candy and more "fireworks".
We have a couple of service projects lined up so we'll see how that goes, and hopefully we'll have
another baptism here in the near future ... we'll see.
their papers together so that we could marry them, and then we needed to find a lawyer to do it
(apparently they don't trust missionaries here like they do in the states as clergymen). Then Moises
needed to ask permission from his boss to get work off. He has a new job (blessing) as a caretaker for a
together for him kind of last minute but we did all that we could to prepare for him and his family. I
Thomas wrote me an email about how there are so many blessings here for the people. He's spot on. I'm
little faith in what we teach and in the Savior.
Something I learned this week was that we need to have faith in our Heavenly Father and in Jesus
Christ. We need to always remember that they want more than anything to be with us, for that reason
Heavenly Father created an entire plan for us and Christ sacrificed everything so that it would all work.
We need to have faith in them and that we are worthy to have the Holy Ghost in our lives. We need to
I hope you each have a wonderful week,
Love, Elder Bever
Comments
Post a Comment