Conference Was Amazing!

From: Ethan Bever [mailto:ethan.bever@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 4:17 PM
To: jsbever
Subject: Re: How are you doing?

Hello!

Sounds like things are busy at home and I hope everything is going well for everyone. I pray for you all
every day (which I think counts for double because I'm a missionary).
Conference really was amazing for me yesterday and Saturday. We had the opportunity to attend both
days if we were able to bring an investigator, so I was able to watch all of the sessions (in spanish of
coarse). Its not quite the same in Spanish as English, but some of the apostles translated their own talks
which was kind of neat, after all I am called to speak Spanish for the next two years. I learned a lot over
the last week and especially over the last two days. I have a testimony of divine callings and the love
that we can feel as we fulfill our potential here on the earth. It was pretty cool to hear about the age
changing now for elders and sisters, I think in about 4 or 5 months we '11 begin to see the younger
missionaries coming in to our mission. This really is a great place to be here in Nicaragua, and no one
can learn the things that we are learning here without being here. Perhaps the best part of conference
wasn't what I heard but rather what I felt. From every single speaker I could feel a love for the
missionaries and a desire for all of the other youth in the world to be like us. I'm the example for them
all right now, and it really is worth it to be here right now. I have thought about how nice it would be to
be able to go to the temple during my mission or go to conference or things like that, but then I remind
myself, that what I'm doing now is far more important and I can actually have that same spirit that is in
some of those places here with me in the mission.
This week we had cambios (I think its called changes in english) and I now have a new companion. His
name is Elder Lopez and he's from Guatemala. He is nice and has learned a lot in his almost two years
here in Nicaragua. He only has about two more months in the mission so he's a little trunky. I know that
I have an oportunity to learn from him as I humble myself and see him as he will be and not necessarily
as he is now. I really did learn a ton during conference, as I was focusing on what I could apply for
others through the things that I heard over the last two days, we really are better off if we will try to turn
out every oportunity that we have.
I received two letters this week and they were post marked the 20th of September so just be warned that
it might take a little while for them to find their way into my hands, but that is certainly no excuse not to
send letters or better yet packages! Sorry I don't have any pictures to send home.
Thanks you for your prayers and emails.
Love,
Elder Bever 

Comments