Hi There!

 Hi there!

It was great to hear from all of you throughout the week and I enjoy hearing all of the updates on life outside the MTC. Everything's going well here and it's been another fantastic week. Just a note, it is easier for me to read and look through your e-mails and letters when they're given to me as a "DearElder". I can get those every day right away and they seem to make my day a little more interesting. So feel free to send those whenever you would like and/or send one on Thursday so I can get it and reply on Friday. Not a big deal, but this way we're all on the same page. Speaking of, I'm still keeping up on the Book of Mormon reading and the chart Emily sent is helpful.

 

But as far as news here goes...

I saw Thomas the other day between the missionary fields and the Temple. He just yelled at me so it wasn't to distracting to my experience here :)

Grandma and Grandpa Hansen sent me cupcakes from that cupcake place late last week, so that made my Saturday until fast Sunday when they were all that I could think of. But please tell them thank you for me, that was the best package I've received yet...

We could see the smoke from the fires here in the valley for the last couple of days and it looked pretty bad. It has been really hot and smokey here for the last couple of days but it rained yesterday so that should help.

That's great to hear about Carder though, tell Him that I'm excited for him and that he should be excited for this. It's so worth it.

For the 4th, we had a nice program as an MTC then were instructed to stay up and watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. They were pretty good and I had a good day, but I would have rather just gone to bed.

 

Anyway, it's been interesting to begin to see how I'm learning here. It seems that whenever there's something I have a question about or a topic that I don't fully understand, I don't have to wait very long for it to be perfectly answered and confirmed by the Spirit. One of these things I'm learning about is the impact of the Atonement in each of our lives and especially as missionaries. In order for this gospel to be taken to every corner of this earth, ordinary people are going to have to do very extraordinary things. This is a "marvelous work and a wonder" but the most amazing part is how these normal people are able to do these amazing things. Before I can be worthy of the tremendous task that I've been assigned, I have to fundamentally change. That's the key word, change; and this change is only made possible through the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that as I diligently apply the clensing and sanctifying power of The Atonement in my life, I will be physically and spiritually changed to be made ready to do the things that are needed of me. Learning these types of things is so common here and the spirit is such a frequent teacher here, that I have no doubt that this is where I should be. It's wonderful.

 

So keep that in mind, because it's helping me a ton. It sounds like you guys are going to have a good next couple of days with the stake youth activity coming up, I'm sure you'll be learning a lot there too. Tips for Emily: prepare as best you can before you go and pray to help you prepare, as long as you sincerely do what you can and then be sure to ask for help, you'll be blessed and so will those around you. That's why those activities are always so good, because lots of people are preparing really hard for them. You'll do fine. Also how's the new job Mom? Keep me posted. Sounds like everyone had a nice 4th of July, and that's nice to hear about our new cousin. Tell her I said hi.

 

Thomas wrote me earlier this week, so tell him I'll send him a letter in the mail and I'll send Audrey something too before the 9th.

 

Have a great week,

Love, Elder Bever



Comments