Hello from the MTC!

From: Ethan Bever [mailto:ethan.bever@myldsmail.net] 

Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 7:45 AM 

To: jsbever@molalla.net 

Subject: Hello from the MTC! 

Hola mi familial

So I'm three days in, and it already feels like a week. We're super busy and spend a ton of time studying and preparing to teach in Spanish. It's great to be here and it's amazing how much I am remembering and learning already. My companion's name is Elder Willis, he's from Tuscon Arizona. He's a good guy and I have a lot to learn from him. He likes drama, sarcasim, and to work hard studying the language. We actually get along really well. We're in an intermediate language district and have a great teacher. We speak a TON of spanish almost all of the time and I'm beginning to see how much I have to learn before I can speak my mind. 

I realize that I completely forgot to give you my MTC address while I was home, so you can now send the mountain of mail that you have prepared for me. Here's the MTC address and then my mission address in the field. 

ELDER ETHAN LEWIS BEVER 

MTC Mailbox# 276 

NIC-MANS 0820 

2005 N. 900 E. 

Provo, Utah 84604-1793 

Elder Ethan Lewis Bever 

Nicaragua Managua South Mission 

De la Retonda del Periodista 

150 vrs. al Sur O:fiplaza Suite 725 

Managua,Managua Nicaragua 

I'm in the 9 week program now so I'm scheduled to leave here for the mission on August 20th. 

It's been fun to see all of my friends here and I've got a couple on my floor in the Residence Hall including Elder Holmstead! (the one I went skiing with at school) This weekend all of the new mission presidents are arriving to the MTC as well as several general authorities. We should get to hear from them this weekend. Elder Willis and I taught our first discussion as is typical for every new missionary on the second day they are here. It went well and I think we got our message accross. I'm beginning to see how missionary work really is. It's not a set list of discussions that we have to memorize, but we really have to listen to the investigator and using the spirit, learn what we should say to better help them come to Christ. I didn't put that together until just recently. The workshops and lessons that are given here are of the best I have ever heard and there's so much to learn from everyone around me.

If you could distribute my address around and give everyone an opportunity to write who wanted to, that'd be great. Otherwise, I hope to hear from you guys soon (I can get the dear elder letters every day so feel free to send me those). Also feel free to forward this to Thomas and the rest of the family too.

Love, Elder Bever.










Comments